Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend of Summer Fun

I hope to turn over a new leaf this week since I haven't been blogging like normal this week. being tied to a desk top computer does not do good things for me. I was very spoiled by my lap top. The Edwards had a great weekend full of free summer fun and no rain. If you live in Nashville and think there is nothing to do, you need to just give us a call because we had a blast this weekend without spending a cent!

Friday night we went to Centennial Park to feed the ducks... and there happened to be a R&B and Gospel concert going on! So FUN!! Of course we stayed well past Jay's bed time. He danced and made friends and the plus to living in Music City is the music is always good.

Saturday we decided to go check out the farmers market and bicentennial fountains. Jacob is in a phase where he loves his stroller so the farmer market was fun but nothing compared to how fun the fountains were.....












If you walk up the hill into downtown from the farmers market there are a bunch of fountains in front of the court house. I doubt we will be able to one up how fun those fountains were. We will definitely go back! There are two rows of fountains that shoot right out of the ground so you can run right through them. I thought Jacob would be a little scared because they can shoot pretty high but I was so wrong. He ran through the fountains for an hour!




And in case you were wondering how good a father Charles is... He played with Jacob in the fountains WITH HIS JORDANS ON!! Need I say more...

1 comment:

Megan Stephens said...

Emily!! These pics are so funny and cute...and hilarious that big C played in his jordans! ha! i feel like we should be friends again! can we hang out? i'll come over to your house or whatever's best for you, just let me know! ps-i don't know if you heard, but i'm moving to India on August 2nd to join a missionary family and teach their 9th grade daughter. so we definitely need to get together before then! love you!

Megan Stephens