Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bubbles, Blankets and Western Honky Tonk

One of our favorite things to do in the summer is take advantage of the numerous free concerts that happen in parks around Nashville. There are allot of them! An advantage to living in music city I guess. This past Friday we decided to stay right in our neck of the woods and go the concert in our neighborhood park.



I have been meaning to check it out but we just hadn't done it yet. Ok, so typically I check what type of music is playing and this time I didn't. Funny because it ended up being western Honky Tonk. We are not really into any type of County music... however I figure its good to expose Jacob to every type. It was an absolute blast even though the music wasn't my favorite.

They had a bubble machine!What fun... Jacob was in heaven!! He made friends with everyone siting around us, ran around in the grass, and used daddy as a jungle gym. Ahh what Friday night fun. Haha, things do change some once there are kids in the picture!

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

Hi Emily, you don't know me, but I knew Charles in college -- he was such a sweetheart then, and I can tell by your posts that he still is! I sort of found your blog through our friend Amber Sturgess (I saw your comment on her page and just *clicked* your name and happened upon here). I hope you don't mine me being a lurker, lol. I love your posts and sweet Jacob is absolutely a doll!!!

God bless you and your family! Tell Charles I said hello! :)